Running in azure


#1

Try the following If you can’t get the community server to work in azure.

  1. Open https://YourUrlHere.scm.azurewebsites.net/DebugConsole
  2. Go to “site” and then “wwwroot”
  3. Open web.config
  4. Enable stdout, stdoutLogEnabled="true"
  5. Close web.config
  6. Visit your site normally
  7. Switch back to the debug console and open the stdout logfile in site\wwwroot\logs

Post the contents as a reply here.


#2

I will come back with the log, but I think I messed up.
I don’t have the web.config in wwwroot, only in site.

  • I removed the old site
  • put the new beta in, so all files are in the site folder, and in the site folder there is a wwwroot folder where only few files are, mostly png files.
  • also the settings.json and web.config are in the site folder.

So I assume I did something wrong there

I installed the site extension:
ASP.NET Core Extensions
Version 2.1.0-preview2-final

Wilfried


#3

Did you get everything working?


#4

No, not yet.
I plan to do a clean install.
See if that works.


#5

I did a clean install, it is not working yet, but now I have error files.
I had to change in the webconfig the location to stdoutLogFile="\?%home%\LogFiles\stdout"

This is the extension I installed
image

The error in te log is:
Error:
An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (Coderr.Server.Web.deps.json) was not found:
package: ‘System.Data.SqlClient’, version: ‘4.4.3’
path: ‘runtimes/win/lib/netstandard2.0/System.Data.SqlClient.dll’
This assembly was expected to be in the local runtime store as the application was published using the following target manifest files:
aspnetcore-store-2.0.6.xml

In the console I checked the version:
D:\home\site\wwwroot
.NET Command Line Tools (2.1.101)

Product Information:

Version: 2.1.101

Commit SHA-1 hash: 6c22303bf0

Runtime Environment:

OS Name: Windows

OS Version: 10.0.14393

OS Platform: Windows

RID: win10-x86

Base Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\sdk\2.1.101\

Microsoft .NET Core Shared Framework Host

Version : 2.0.6
Build : 74b1c703813c8910df5b96f304b0f2b78cdf194d


#6

hmm. In azure you should not need to install anything.
I haven’t for all our ASP.NET Core application.

System.Data.SqlClient.dll should be part of the installation. You have added the 2.1 runtime and Coderr is built using .NET Core 2.0.6. Maybe that’s the issue?


#7

I will uninstall it when home.

Nine](http://www.9folders.com/)


#8

I uninstalled it, and now the install wizard comes up.
Sorry for the stupid mistake :slight_smile:


#9

After filling in the password from in the json file I come to a blank screen, stdoud contains:
log4net:ERROR Could not create Appender [StandardAppender] of type [log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender]. Reported error follows.
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘c:\logs’.
at System.IO.Win32FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.HandleError(Int32 errorCode, String path) at System.IO.Win32FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.Win32FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler1 resultHandler)
at System.IO.Win32FileSystemEnumerableFactory.CreateFileNameIterator(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Win32FileSystem.EnumeratePaths(String fullPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchTarget searchTarget)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.GetExistingFiles(String baseFilePath)
at log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.DetermineCurSizeRollBackups()
at log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.ExistingInit()
at log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.ActivateOptions()
at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseAppender(XmlElement appenderElement)
log4net:ERROR Appender named [StandardAppender] not found.


#10

The logger should not be the issue. Can you see anything else in the stdout log that is configured in web.config?

Thank you for the patience. I have not seen these errors earlier and are eager to discover why they ocurr.


#11

I saw this as well
warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.XmlKeyManager[35]
No XML encryptor configured. Key {feb069ff-d0f1-4948-838e-a15067894041} may be persisted to storage in unencrypted form.
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: D:\home\site\wwwroot
Now listening on: http://localhost:15096
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
Application is shutting down…


#12

it is right away after the next button that the app stops.


#13

I think I did something wrong with my database, I tried it to my live database and now it is working


#14

ok. great that you found the problem. Let me know if you experience any other difficulties.


#15

Thanks, I will. I will also look again in the installation for a new installation in Azure.


#16

I’ve found a bug resulting in a blank page in the installation wizard.

It’s because Core MVC treats Request.Path differently when using a virtual folder (which is stored in Request.PathBase). In one case “” represents root and in the other it’s “/”. Due to that, the wizard could not find the next page to display.

Beta 07 corrects that.


#17

Ok, when Beta 07 is released I will try it again


#18

I released it this morning :sunny:


#19

Sorry, I looked wrong as I saw 06. I will test it and give the feedback


#20

Works like a charm now! Perfect! :ok_hand: