Post #4 Tackling errors

If you want to get the most out Coderr, beyond the automatic reporting, then we recommend you trying a few settings. Finetuning Coderr with settings will provide views and information that fits with your circumstances.

The documentation page Reporting errors manually, contains sections with further links to details. The text starts with a description of reporting errors and attaching context information manually which might suit some environments better. There is also information about the benefits of using tags and controlling the report uploads. Lastly, you will find brief information about adding your own context providers and links to nuget packages.

As with the previous post about the product itself, we would love some feedback on how we organized the information getting Coderr to work for you. Anything is fine, but here are a few straightforward questions that we want your comments on:

• Have you used anything found on the above-mentioned webpages, such as guides and documentation?
  • Were they easy to find, logically organized or just links-overload? Any suggestions how we can try something different or improve?
  • How would you prefer getting information about how to work with Coderr, through documents, info built into the tool, tutorials, Q&As, Forums, small how-to video-clips?

Give us your thoughts here on the forum or send us an email. We will not post any questions you might have identifying the sender.

Thank you for wanting to try our new version of Coderr Community Server,
  The Coderr Team

I’ve responded about this in post #3, however, on this specific topic:

• I’ve used ‘Attaching context information’ a great deal and it’s really awesome, helped me out a lot. Tags seem handy, especially when code bases are shared between multiple devs.
  • The page you’ve linked here is fine. However, as I replied in post #3, the general documentation structure is a bit messy. When I go to ‘guides and support’, manual reporting gives something that looks like it - but not everything. When I go to ‘attaching context information’, link’s not working.
  • Since this product is for devs, for technical aspects documentation should be the starting point. But visual representations for usecases are always great.