Post #1 Welcome to Coderr Community Server Beta

Welcome to our Beta for the next release of Coderr Community Server. As explained on Github, the next release of Coderr Community Server is due on April 30th. The main changes are improvements to the overview page and a reorganizing of functions and features better adopted to what we think a user normally wants to do there and then. Hopefully these changes make Coderr even more useful but let us know. Coder Live already includes these changes and a few more. Go here for further information coderr.io/v2/.

On this forum we will post information about the changed features and functions that are new in the next release. Here, there will be several postings, highlighting a few things as you progress with Coderr. The purpose of using the forum format is for you to get information easily and ask questions or request some further assistance. For us, it is important to receive feedback to improve the experience and performance with the product.

We invite you to post things on the forum, in any shape or form. Or if you prefer, you can send us mail to help@coderr.io. Sometimes it is easy to think “Maybe it’s just me or my system…” and then stop at that point. We are however genuinely interested in any thought or observation that you might have, while trying Coderr. So please let us know what you think. All feedback sent in email form will be treated confidentially.

Thank you for using Coderr,

The Coderr team

Very nice clean interface - however I think mine is a bit too clean - the Y axis isn’t showing on the graphs, and the ‘my incidents’ table isn’t showing:

I’m going to split this post because apparantly I can only post one image per post as a new user.

It’s the same on the ‘all applications’ page.

I also can’t go into an error, it’s not showing the list of exceptions and I can’t see any info apart from the generic error:

But maybe I’m missing something? Can’t see a reference image on the what’s new page. Or perhaps this all has to do with the fact that I upgraded using the existing database?

Another note in terms of flow: when I click the sprocket icon on the top right, I go to the admin page. There I have to select an application from the dropdown. However, when I’m already inside an application, then click on the sprocket, I return to the ‘all applications’ page and have to select the application again. This was a bit confusing at first, maybe go straight to the app’s config page when you’re already in one?

Same goes for when I’m inside the admin page of an app, and I click ‘discover’, I go back to the ‘all applications’ page. Then I have to reselect the app once again :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks great overall and already much smoother than V1, nice job!

What we have done is to split the service into two distinct areas.

Discover is where you decide which incidents you want to work with. Here you will find all incidents that have currently not been assigned to someone.

The purpose is to make it easier to prioritize between the incidents. All focus is on helping you decide which one to correct next.

We added “My incidents” to the overview since once you have assigned an incident to yourself, the focus should be on correcting it before taking the next one. And since the discover/overview page is the default one when you log in, it made sense to put the list there for easy access.

It might be wrong since those are not to be discovered, but to be corrected (and therefore really belongs under the “Analyze” menu).

To assign an incident to yourself, use the What do you want to do menu that is shown when you have clicked on an incident under discover.

Analyze are the incidents that you have decided to work with. You will only see incidents here that are assigned to you. These are also the incidents that should be visible under “My incidents”.

If you have not assigned one to yourself, none will be visible here.

In Analyze, you will also see incident information which is relevant to be able to understand why the error occurred and how you can reproduce it. For instance all the context information.

Does that make sense to you?

It’s the same on the ‘all applications’ page.
I also can’t go into an error, it’s not showing the list of exceptions and I can’t see any info apart from the generic error:

You need to assign it to yourself (i.e. decide that it’s one that you want to correct). Use the “What do you want to do” menu visible at the right side.

Yep, I can fix that to the next beta. Just have to figure out some way to do it smoothly in Vue :slight_smile: The top menu is it’s own component in vue.

Ok, yeah that does make sense, suppose I just needed to switch mindset coming from V1. It’s working now, great :slight_smile: Maybe show the ‘my incidents’ box anyway, with a placeholder text ‘you’ve not assigned any tickets to yourself yet, click here bla bla’? That way it’s immidiately evident what you need to do.

And perhaps add an option to assign multiple incidents to yourself at once using checkboxes on the ‘Incidents’ page?

Y-axis is still missing scale info, is that a setting?

It’s not that pressing since the admin pages aren’t visited often, but it’s something users do when using the product for the first time and best not to confuse them I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

No. I need to fix that to the next beta.

I completely agree. I’ve written it down.