Feature Requests

Hey, is it okay to put feature requests here on the forum?

So far, from me:

1. On the Search page in Discover mode, can we get a “All” option for Incident State? We may not know immediately if it’s an assigned, or unassigned issue if we’re looking for it after an end-user report.

2. When you click into an incident, there is no way to directly access the detailed version of the report.
    The first time into an unassigned item you can assign it to yourself, and then get the details, but if you go to an already assigned issue from search, there is no way to get to the full details from there (as in, the part where you can access the context collections)

3. On the Analyse/details page for an incident, the stack trace is great as the landing/default details, but in web applications, it’s often not very useful (Most WebExceptions are in the InnerException inside the HTTPWebException) – Is it possible to mark the Application as a WebApplication, and have that perhaps default to using the InnerException.StackTrace and/or InnerException.Message if it’s available?

4. This might be a big ask, but in the errorProvider, is it possible to get an ID back for the error that has occurred, that is unique to that report? Ideally, I’d like to display it to the user. While this type of reporting will allow us to proactively catch and fix issues as they happen, there will no doubt be many cases when a user will get an error, screen capture the error page, and report it to us via our ticketing system. Ideally, I’d love that error page to be able to contain a unique ID number for that incident, so that if we get that type of ticket in, we can use the search/ID to immediately find the matching exception details for the specific event that user is reporting.

Hope that’s okay to put these out there. Just ideas anyway, loving the product so far!

Sorry for the late reply.

1. Yes, will Implement that before 2.0 is released.
  2. What kind of details are you looking for here? We tried to just have enough information to be able to tell if the incident is something you would like to work with. In rc02 we’ve also moved the “Assign to me” to a dedicated button.
  3. I’m updating the nuget packages to correct that out of the box. Will let you know when it’s done.
  4. Yes it’s possible to get the ErrorId back. It depends on how you generate the error page. As for finding the correct incident when talking to the customer, we need to modify the search function a bit.

No worries at all, thanks for getting back to me!

For #2, ideally the drop-down with the collections would be great, so that an operator doesn’t have to take ownership before being able to see things like the inner exception, or custom collection data that was uploaded with the package.

For #4, We’re currently using the “catch all exceptions” behaviour:

Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    If Not Debugger.IsAttached Then
        Dim CodeRRURL As New Uri(<url>)
        Dim Provider As New VirtualPathProviderBasedGenerator("~/Errors/")
        Err.Configuration.Credentials(CodeRRURL, "", "")
        Dim t As IContextInfoProvider = New CurrentUserContext
        Err.Configuration.ContextProviders.Add(t)
        Err.Configuration.UserInteraction.AskForEmailAddress = False
        Err.Configuration.UserInteraction.AskUserForDetails = True
        Err.Configuration.UserInteraction.AskUserForPermission = False
        Err.Configuration.QueueReports = True
        Err.Configuration.SetErrorPageGenerator(Provider)
        Err.Configuration.CatchAspNetExceptions()
    End If
End Sub

is there any way to inject the ErrorID into the page this renders? Most of our users take screenshots when they hit the error page, which of course is completely useless without any technical details, so ideally, if it could show the error ID, their screenshot would contain the exact reference, and our support team can jump straight in and pull all the details.

Feature request: I’d like to be able to group applications together in the drop down menu. For instance, I have 5 projects reporting for one platform. I’ve named them PlatformName - Specification, but it’d be a lot cleaner if I could just put them under the PlatformName group and then get a child menu there containing the projects.

Also, currently they seem to be sorted on creation time, would be nice to be able to sort alphabetically.

I have not forgot you. It’s on my todo list.

Corrected in the latest commit